Brewtown Politico

Carrying a little stick and speaking loudly in Milwaukee

1.09.2007

Closing a chapter

Four years ago, I started up Brewtown as a general blog about politics, sports, and pop culture from a Milwaukee perspective. Over time, it evolved into its current incarnation with an emphasis on politics.

Since I've started the site, the Iraq war started, the 2004 election occurred, and the Democrats took back Congress among other developments. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have taken the time to visit this site over the years. Hopefully, it has had something to offer you and has played a small part in raising issues and moving our community and country forward.

With that, Brewtown Politico is going into hiatus. I have ideas in mind for my next venture, but haven't decided whether it'll be a blog or something different. I'll continue to see some of you down at Drinking Liberally, and elsewhere. Until then, best wishes.

8 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 10:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you have one of the only left leaning sites that my company firewall hasn't blocked! What am I to do now, actually work?

 
At 1/10/2007 09:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::snif:: My Bloglines list grows lighter... good luck! I'd like to chat with you at DL sometime, too. See you there.

 
At 1/10/2007 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay the course, Scott.

 
At 1/10/2007 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dick Cheney finally got to you too?
I'm sure you'll come up with something good.
-Ed of Ed Fest fame

 
At 1/10/2007 08:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Ben:

LOL!

@Scott:

I know how the blog hiatus thing goes; sometimes you just need a long, long break to figure it all out. Just don't forget us little people when you make it big and get a new blog.

 
At 1/10/2007 09:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss you, Scott. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Man, the Dems win and the left leaning bloggers are dropping like flies.

 
At 1/13/2007 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Benny B said...

So, I left a comment the other day, when I read the tragic news that we were going to lose you, but somehow it didn't take.

Scott, it has been a pleasure getting to know you at DL (even though it's been forever since I've been there!), and your blog is one of my faves.

I know you'll be successful in anything you choose, but please come back to all of us soon!

 
At 1/19/2007 10:22:00 AM, Blogger WatchdogMilwaukee.com said...

I'm sorry to see you closing the doors. Hopefully I'll catch up with you at another DL one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home